Sometimes life likes to play it mean and hurts you really bad. It could be because of us or it could be the result of someone else’s doings. Anyways, it doesn’t really matter because past that moment when one acknowledges the pain inside, it is already time to move on simply because we were meant to be on this earth for a reason and pretty much every single soul on this planet has been there before.
So if you feel like a bad day lies ahead, pain no more and read on. Just like they say that every pot has its lid, hopefully every hardship has its feel-better quote.
When you are craving a sense of connection
1. “You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.”
2. “Of course I’ll hurt you. Of course you’ll hurt me. Of course we will hurt each other. But this is the very condition of existence. To become spring, means accepting the risk of winter. To become presence, means accepting the risk of absence.”
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
3. “There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.”
4. “Hopefully as you get older, you start to learn how to live with your demon. It’s hard at first. Some people give their demon so much room that there is no space in their head or bed for love. They feed their demon and it gets really strong and then it makes them stay in abusive relationships or starve their beautiful bodies. But sometimes, you get a little older and get a little bored of the demon. Through good therapy and friends and self-love you can practice treating the demon like a hacky, annoying cousin. Maybe a day even comes when you are getting dressed for a fancy event and it whispers, “You aren’t pretty,” and you go, “I know, I know, now let me find my earrings.” Sometimes you say, “Demon, I promise you I will let you remind me of my ugliness, but right now I am having hot sex so I will check in later.”
When you feel misunderstood
5. “Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
6. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it.”
7. “It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.”
8. “I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.”
When you are struggling
9. “You can’t calm the storm, so stop trying. What you can do is calm yourself. The storm will pass.”
10. “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”
11. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.”
12. “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass.”
When you have to let go
13. “Shift the way you feel and watch what happens. If you can rid yourself of worry, you will rid yourself of things to worry about. It is really that simple.”
14. “Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.”
15. “This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.”
16. “Confession of errors is like a broom which sweeps away the dirt and leaves the surface brighter and clearer. I feel stronger for confession.”
When you need love
17. "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."
18. “True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new.”
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
19. “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.”
Martin Luther King. Jr.
20. “The moments that make life worth living are when things are at their worst and you find a way to laugh.”